If you've created a shortcut to open AccountRight or your company file and double-clicking this shortcut opens the wrong file, there's a couple of things to check.
- Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties. The Properties window will be displayed.
- On the Shortcut tab, check the Target field.
The Target field needs to contain the location of the AccountRight program you want to open, for example C:\Premier19\Myobp.exe.
- If you want the shortcut to open your company file, edit the Target field to add the location of your company file. This needs to be added after "exe" software location and be inside quotation marks, for example C:\Premier19\Myobp.exe "C:\Premier19\clearwtr.myo"
- Click OK.
Text case is not important, but there must be a space between the software file location and the company file location.
File type associations tell your computer which program it should use to open specific files. For example, a ".doc" file will open using Microsoft Word, and a ".xls" file will open using Microsoft Excel.
If your shortcut is set up properly (see above), but your company file shortcut isn't working or an error is displayed, check the file type associations.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The File Explorer or Windows Explorer window appears.Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking the Windows Start button and choosing Explore.
- Locate your company file, for example C:\Premier19\clearwtr.myo
- Right-click the company file and choose Open or Open With. A message will be displayed advising that Windows cannot open this file.
- Select the option to select the program from a list, then click Ok. The Open With window will be displayed.
- Click Browse.
- Locate your AccountRight installation folder. Here are the default installation locations. If you installed AccountRight in a different location, go to that location instead.
If using this AccountRight version: The installation folder is here: AccountRight Standard C:\Standard AccountRight Plus C:\Plus AccountRight Premier C:\Premier AccountRight Enterprise C:\Enterprise
- Double-click the Myob.exe or Myobp.exe file. The Open With window will be redisplayed and AccountRight will now be listed in the available programs.
- Ensure AccountRight is highlighted and select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file option.
- Click OK. AccountRight will open and your company file will also be opened.
- Close AccountRight.
- Locate your company file, for example C:\Premier19\clearwtr.myo.
- Right-click the company file and choose Send To > Desktop (create shortcut). A shortcut to your company file will be placed on your desktop, and opening this shortcut will open the company file using AccountRight.