New Zealand only
From 1 April 2019, employees affected by domestic family violence can request paid domestic family violence leave (DVLFVL). It works in a similar way to sick leave, but to learn all the ins and outs visit the Employment New Zealand website.
To manage DVL FVL payments in MYOB Essentials, set up a new pay item.
Here are the details:
|title||1. Set up a pay item|
Set up a DVL
Family Violence Leave) pay item
- Go to the Payroll menu and choose Pay items.
- Click Create earning.
- Set up the earning:
- For the Type, select Standard earning.
Enter a Name for the earning such as "Special leave".
|UI Text Box|
Be discreet with the name for this pay item as it will appear on the employee's payslip when DVL FVL is paid.
- For the Rate, select Per Hour.
- Leave the amount blank.
- Select Taxable from the tax drop down.
Select the below options if applicable:
|Exclude CEC||Select this option if compulsory employer contributions should be excluded from overtime payments. If unsure, check with your accounting advisor or check the IRD website.|
|Exclude from gross earnings for leave calculations||Select this option to exclude the pay item from gross earnings for leave calculations. Learn more about Leave calculations.|
- Click Save.
- When you're done, assign the pay items to your employees as described in the next task.
|title||2. Assign the pay item to an employee|
Assign the pay item to an employee
To include the DVL FVL pay item in an employee's pay, you need to assign it to them. Here's how:
- From the Payroll menu, choose Employees.
- Click the employee's name.
- Click the Pay items - earnings & deductions tab.
- In the Earnings section, click the dropdown arrow next to the Add earning... field.
- Choose the "Special leave" pay item to be assigned to the employee. The pay item is assigned to the employee.
- Repeat step 5 if you need to assign any additional pay items to the employee.
- Click Save.
- Repeat from step 2 to assign pay items to another employee.
OK, you're now ready to pay overtime when you do a pay run. See the next task for details.
Pay the DVL
- Go to the Payroll menu and choose Enter Pay.
- Select the employee to be paid then click Start Pay Run.
- Enter the Hours of Special leave.
- Continue processing the pay as normal.