Before reporting payroll and super information you can send your payroll info to the ATO, you need to check that your company information and employee details meet ATO requirements. To do this, you can check your details in MYOB Essentials and view a list of errors that need fixing.
You also need to assign ATO reporting category to each pay item you use. This includes earnings, deductions and superannuation pay items. The ATO category indicates the type of payment you're reporting (is it a gross wage amount or an allowance?)
After you've updated your payroll with all the required information, you can connect to the ATO and start reporting using Single Touch Payroll.
it needs to be in a format that the ATO can use.
When you set up Single Touch Payroll, MYOB Essentials checks your business and employee details and lets you know what needs fixing.
|title||Check To check your payroll details|
To check your payroll details
From the Payroll menu, choose Payroll Reporting.
- Click Check payroll details. The Check Payroll Details window appears listing the results.
- Fix any errors. See below for more information.
Updating your payroll information
|title||Update To update your business information|
To update your business information
- Click Edit business details. The Business details page appears in a new browser tab.
- Edit the relevant field.
- Click Save.
- Close the browser window, then click Check payroll details again.
|title||Update To update employee payroll information|
To update employee payroll information
- Click each employee listed to edit their information.
- Make sure the following information is complete in the Employee details tab:
- Last name
- Address (including Suburb, State and Postcode )
- Tax file number. See below if you don't know an employee's TFN.
- Click Save.
- From the Payroll menu, choose Payroll Reporting.
- Click Check payroll details again.
- Repeat for all employees.
|UI Text Box|
If you don't have your employee's TFN, you can choose one of the following. Check with the ATO if you are unsure what to choose.
Waiting on TFN declaration - for a new payee has not made a TFN declaration, (28 days have not passed), 111 111 111.
Employee is under 18 - for a payee under 18, earning less than $350 per week, $700 per fortnight or $1,517 per month, 333 333 333 .
Employee has no TFN or other reason - if your payee chose not to quote a TFN and has not claimed an exemption from quoting a TFN or does not fit into any of the above categories, 000 000 000.