If you need to show the tax/GST on each line of an invoice or purchase order, you'll need to customise the invoice or purchase form to add the line tax field.
This support note steps you through how to do it.
- Check the sales or purchases layout you're using (as applicable). To do this, open one of your recorded sales or purchases through the Sales Register or the Purchases Register then click Layout.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Customise Forms then choose Invoices or Purchase Orders (as applicable).
- Select the applicable form layout, then select the form to customise.
- Click Customise.
- Click the 'add new data fields' tool located in the top-left corner of the customise window. A list of available fields will appear.
- Scroll down the list of available fields and select Line Tax. When you click OK, a new Line Tax column appears in the body of your customised form.
- Click 'the add text field' tool then click on the form where you would like the column label Line Tax to appear. Double-click the text field and then change the tax to read Line Tax.
- It is now a matter of positioning the new Line Tax data field and text box. You may need to resize or move existing fields to accommodate the additional information that will print on this form.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, click Save Form.
Other tax/GST type fields which are tax inclusive/exclusive can be included in your form. You can add these in the same way as described above.