You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
You can move AccountRight v19 and your company file to a new computer in a few easy steps.
OK, let's step you through it.
Backing up creates a single file that you can then copy to a portable storage device, such as a USB stick.
Create a back of your company file
- Go to the File menu and choose Back Up.
- Select the Back up all data option then click Continue. Choosing the Back up all data option ensures the backup will include your customised templates (forms, personalised letters, etc.).
- Specify where you want to save the backup file. To make it easier to find later, save it to your Desktop.
- Click Save.
Copy the backup file to a portable storage device
Copy the backup file from the old computer onto your portable storage device. This lets you transfer it to your new computer. If you need help copying files, refer to your Windows help.
If you have your AccountRight software CD, use that to install the software on your new computer. Otherwise you can download AccountRight from my.MYOB (providing you have a current support subscription).
Insert the software CD or double-click the downloaded installation file to install AccountRight on the new computer. If you're having trouble, see Installation troubleshooting.
Don't have AccountRight support? If you purchased AccountRight but don't have a support subscription, call us and we'll email you a link to download your software (in Australia call 1300 555 123, or in New Zealand call 0508 328 283).
Start by copying the backup file from the portable storage device to your computer. To make it easier to find later, copy the backup file to your desktop.
Next, restore the backup on your computer.
- Open AccountRight on the new computer.
On the Welcome to AccountRight window, click Explore the sample company.
- On the Sign-on window, click OK. The sample company file opens.
- Go to the File menu and choose Restore.
- Select the backup file you copied from the old computer, then click Open.
- On the Save As window, locate and click the AccountRight installation folder on your C: drive. Depending on your AccountRight version, this will be C:\Standard19, C:\Plus19, C:\Premier19 or C:\Enterprise19.
- Click Save. A message similar to the following appears:
- Confirm in the displayed message that you're restoring your company file to the correct location, then click OK.
- You're then given the option to sign-on to your restored company file. You can if you like, but there's one final task to complete. So it's OK to sign-on, or close AccountRight.
When you restored your backup in the previous task, a folder called TEMPLATES was created. This folder contains your customised templates (forms, reports, personalised letters, etc.).
To use these customised templates in AccountRight on your new computer, you need to copy the contents of the TEMPLATES folder into your AccountRight installation folder.
- Open File Explorer by simultaneously pressing the Windows and E keys.
- Go to your AccountRight installation folder. Depending on your AccountRight version this will be C:\Standard19, C:\Plus19, C:\Premier19 or C:\Enterprise19.
- Double-click to open your AccountRight installation folder.
- Double-click to open the TEMPLATES folder.
- Select all of the folders within the TEMPLATES folder.
- Click the first folder.
- Hold down the SHIFT key then click the last folder in the TEMPLATES folder.
- Right-click the selected folders and choose Copy.
- Right-click your AccountRight installation folder and choose Paste.
- Choose to Replace the files in the destination.
Once you're done, that's it! You've successfully moved your AccountRight software, your company file, and all associated data to the new computer.