AccountRight Plus, Premier and Enterprise, Australia only
This support note will step you through the process of setting up your company file for making electronic payments directly to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. Alternatively, go to the Lists menu and select Cards.
- Click the Supplier tab then click New.
- In the Profile tab, enter a name for your card, such as Australian Taxation Office.
- Enter the address and other contact details as appropriate.
- Click the Payment Details tab.
- In the BSB Number field, enter 093-003.
- In the Bank Account Number field, enter 316385. Note: The BSB and Account Number above were correct at the time of publishing this support note - go to the ATO website for the latest details.
- In the Bank Acct Name field, enter ATO Direct Credit Account.
- In the Statement Text field, you have the option of entering your EFT Code (without spaces) from your ATO payment advice. See our example below.
You can pay the ATO using a Spend Money or Pay Bills transaction. The example below is for a Spend Money transaction.
- Go to the Banking command centre and click Spend Money.
- Select the Group with Electronic Payments option. This option will only be available if you have setup you software for electronic payments as described in our support note .
- Select the ATO supplier card you created in the previous task in this support note.
- If you have entered default statement text on your card, this information will automatically appear. If you want to change the value for your statement text, clear the existing contents, type your new Statement Text value (your EFT Code) without spaces, and press the key on your keyboard. If an invalid statement text value is entered, you will receive an error message. If so, check the statement text value entered.
- Enter the Date and the transaction Amount as appropriate.
- Enter your allocation accounts and amounts as appropriate. See our example below.
- Click Record.
Our support note Electronic payments explains the process of creating a payment file which you can upload to your banking website.
- Ensure the Statement Text value is entered without spaces.
- Ensure you have tabbed out of the Statement Text field before recording.
- Ensure you have entered the correct EFT Code as advised by the ATO.