You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
If you have existing data, you can migrate a MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger to MYOB Ledger.
The data migrated to the MYOB Ledger includes:
- ledger details (such as entity type, reporting period)
- chart of accounts
closing balances of the financial year.
You can migrate either:
- the full prior year balances
- the partial current-year balances, including transactions for any future periods. This migrates transactions that are equal to or greater than the financial year start date as a Journal type.
Use the Select to migrate current year transactions checkbox to choose your preference when migrating data.
Comparative figures are migrated into MYOB Ledger, so you can use the figures for review processing and produce financial statements with up to 5 years of data.
Before you begin
You may want to check the following:
- the ledger you are migrating is balanced
- asset journals have been posted from AE Assets or AO Classic Fixed Assets to your legacy ledger
- the current ledger year has been completed.
There are three tasks you need to perform to migrate your ledger:
Before migrating, you need to configure the ledger a MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger.
- Open a client and go to the Client Accounting > Trial Balance (Workpapers) tab.
On the TASKS bar, click Edit Configuration Details. The Client Configuration window appears.
From the Product drop-down list, select MAS, Accounts or AO Classic GL.
Enter the location of the ledger in the MAS ledger, Accounts ledger or AO Classic ledger field.
If you're planning on migrating an MYOB AE Assets ledger to MYOB Assets Live, select a current-year ledger.
Click OK. The Configured Ledger Details are displayed on the right of the Trial Balance (Workpapers) tab.
- Go to the client’s Client Accounting > Workpapers tab.
On the TASKS bar, click Migrate to AE ledger or Migrate to AO ledger.
The Migrate data window appears. Most details are automatically retrieved from your existing ledger but there are some options you can change:
Data migrated Description Source product The general ledger type that you are migrating. Name The name of the configured existing ledger. Client code The client code for the selected client's ledger.
The entity type defined when you configured the ledger. Select a different entity type from the drop down if required.
If the client is configured using legacy ledgers the Entity type defaults to <Select Entity>. You can edit this as required.
Current year end date The last day of the current year in the selected client’s ledger. Select to migrate current year transactions
You can either:
- leave clear to migrate the full prior-year balances
- select to migrate the partial current-year balances, including transactions for any future periods. This migrates transactions that are equal to or greater than the financial year start date as a Journal type.
Start date for new AE/AO Ledger The date from which you want to start using the AE Ledger.
- Review the Migrate data window's options and change if necessary.
- If you are not using an MYOB standard chart, click in the ledger account column in the table at the bottom of the Migrate data window and enter the correct value to use for each account in the list.
The specified codes are displayed against these accounts after migration in the Workpapers tab and the Manage Accounts window.
If you are using an MYOB standard chart, the ledger account values displayed in the table at the bottom of the window are correct.
- Click OK. When the migration is successfully completed, the Migration summary window appears displaying the migration details, including the prior-year balances available (from and to dates).
- If you closed the Migration summary window after successfully migrating your ledger and you want to review the migration details, click Migration summary from the TASKS bar any time.
You can view the migration log to view and action any warnings or errors.
On the TASKS bar, click View migration log. The Migration Log window for the client appears.
Optionally, to export the migration log to Microsoft Excel, click Export to Excel.
Review the migration log and action the following:
Errors in the migration log are an indication that the data was not migrated. If the migration is initiated for a general ledger which has already been migrated to an AE Ledger, the following error message is displayed: "The ledger already exists in the AE/AO Ledger system". Where the ledger does not balance and the migration fails, the following error message is displayed: " Please balance the ledger and re-migrate " Warning Warnings in the migration log indicate that some data was not migrated. This is normally happens where the configured ledger does not support migration of this kind of data. For example: "For Account code ***, the account name is migrated as Unknown Account Name". The warning message "Please verify the GST rate for each account code" is displayed for every successful migration.
If you migrate a ledger that has been migrated before, the prior year balances are overwritten.