How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you know your current MYOB Essentials password and want to change it, you can do so at any time.
If you've forgotten your current password, you can reset it.
To change your password
- In MYOB Essentials, click your business name and choose Users.
The Users page appears, with a list of all the users for your MYOB Essentials business.
- Click Change my password. You're prompted to re-enter your current password.
- Re-enter your current Password and click Sign in.
- Enter a New password. As you type, you'll be guided on the strength of your new password.
- Click Update password. Your password is now updated.
To reset your password
If you’re trying to log in to MYOB Essentials and receive a message that says you’ve entered an invalid user name or password, you may have entered either your user name or password incorrectly.
First, make sure that the user name you're entering is the same as the one you received in the activation email when you registered your MYOB Essentials business. Then, make sure you’ve entered your password correctly. Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
If you’re sure that your user name is correct, it may be that the password you’re using is incorrect. In this situation, you can reset your password.
- Go to the MYOB Essentials login page (Australian users: essentials.myob.com.au | New Zealand users: essentials.myob.co.nz)
- Click the Forgotten your password? link at the bottom of the page. The Forgotten your password page appears.
- Enter your Email address.
MYOB Essentials will automatically reset your password to a new, temporary password, and email it to your nominated email address.
- Check your email for an email from MYOB with the subject ‘Your MYOB Essentials account password has been reset’. If you don't receive an email, contact us for help.
Click the Login page link in the email and enter the Email and Password provided in the email to log in.
The password provided to you in this email is for temporary access to your MYOB Essentials business only. We recommend that you change this password after logging in to MYOB Essentials.
- Complete the steps in To change your password above to change your temporary password.