How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you know your current MYOB Essentials password and want to change it, you can do so at any time.
If you've forgotten your current password, you can reset it.
To change your password from within MYOB Essentials
- In MYOB Essentials, click your business name and choose Users.
The Users page appears, with a list of all the users for your MYOB Essentials business.
- Click Change my password. You're prompted to re-enter your current password.
- Re-enter your current Password and click Sign in.
- Enter a New password. As you type, you'll be guided on the strength of your new password.
- Click Update password. Your password is now updated.
To reset your password
If you’re trying to log in to MYOB Essentials and receive a message that says you’ve entered an invalid user name or password, you may have entered either your user name or password incorrectly.
First, make sure that the user name you're entering is the same as the one you received in the activation email when you registered your MYOB Essentials business. Then, make sure you’ve entered your password correctly. Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
If you’re sure that your user name is correct, it may be that the password you’re using is incorrect. In this situation, you can reset your password.
- Go to the MYOB Essentials login page (Australian users: essentials.myob.com.au | New Zealand users: essentials.myob.co.nz)
- At the sign in prompt, click Forgotten your password?
- Enter your Email address and click Continue. You'll be sent an email containing a reset code.
Open the email and copy or take a note of the reset code.
Enter or paste the reset code into the Code field on the Reset your password prompt.
Enter a New password and click Update password.