When changes occur at a financial institution that adjust the format or account number of an existing bank feed that you have on BankLink Practice, downloaded data will appear as a new bank account in BankLink Practice.
To keep things tidy in BankLink Practice, we recommend attaching the new bank account to the existing client file and combining it with the old original system bank account.
Let's step you through it.
- In the client file, click Other Functions > Bank Accounts. BankLink Practice displays the Maintain Bank Accounts window.
- Click Attach (Insert). BankLink Practice displays the Add New Bank Accounts window.
- The left panel lists all bank accounts attached to this client file.
- The right panel lists all the bank accounts available.
You can select the option Include Deleted to include accounts that have been deleted.
- Click on the bank account(s) in the right panel which you want to attach to your client file and click Attach.
- Click Close when you have attached all required bank accounts to this client file.
If there are new transactions available for the client, BankLink Practice asks if you want to retrieve them into the client file.
- Click Yes to update the client file.
- Click Other Functions > Housekeeping > Combine System Bank Accounts. BankLink Practice displays the Combine System Bank Accounts window.
- Click Old Bank Account Number and choose the original account from the drop down list.
- Click New Bank Account Number and choose the new account from the drop down list. BankLink Practice displays the number of entries in each account and the from and to date ranges of transactions (you cannot combine accounts if the ranges overlap).
Click OK. BankLink Practice displays the Combine Accounts window.Memorisations are automatically copied from the old account to the new account. They are inserted in their existing order but before all of the memorisations in the new accounts, ensuring that new memorisations are given greater priority. Duplicate memorisations are not copied across.
- Click Yes. BankLink Practice displays the Information window.
- Click OK.