The best way to move PayablesPlus to a new computer is to move the whole PayablesPlus folder to the new computer (using an external storage device like a USB drive) , then create a shortcut to the program on the desktop.
Moving PayablesPlus to a new computer uses up an activation on the client's PayablesPlus Registration key, so the client will be prompt to Activate the software once it has been moved.
- Locate the PayablesPlus folder on your hard drive. The default location for the PayablesPlus folder is the C drive. If you're not sure where PayablesPlus is installed, you can right-click the PayablesPlus shortcut and choose Properties, then check the field that says File Location.
- Right-click the PayablesPlus folder and choose Copy.
- Navigate to an external storage device, right-click and select Paste. This will paste the PayablesPlus folder onto the external storage device so it can be moved to the new computer.
- On the new computer, plug in the external storage device.
- Right-click the PayablesPlus folder on the external storage device and choose Copy.
- Right-click the C:\ drive on the new computer and choose Paste.
Creating a PayablesPlus shortcut
It will be handy to create a new shortcut on the desktop for easy access to PayablesPlus. To do this:
- Double-click the PayablesPlus folder.
- Right-click the PPLUS.EXE file and choose click Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).
Starting PayablesPlus for the first time
The first time you start PayablesPlus on the new computer, it will ask you to activate it. Click Activate Now. The computer will use your internet connection automatically activate. If this fails, contact your accountant.