Workpapers are used to calculate and substantiate the balance in the account. After workpapers have been attached to an account, the attached workpaper must be opened and completed.
- Go to the client’s Client Accounting > Trial Balance (Workpapers) tab and click a period in the Select Period section.
- On the TASKS bar, click Open Period. The table for the period appears.
Locate the workpaper:
If the workpaper is attached to an account
Click the plus icon () to expand the account with the associated workpaper in the table..
If the workpaper is attached to the period
Click the plus icon () to expand the Non-account specific documents.
The list of workpapers appears.
- Click the checkboxes next to the workpapers or documents that you want to open.
- On the TASKS bar, click Open workpaper.
The workpapers open in a new window.
If any documents have been selected, the cover page of each selected document opens in a new window:
- To open a document, click the Open button.
Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
Find the account with the associated workpaper in the table.
Select the workpaper. Ensure that the checkbox is ticked.
Click Open workpaper on the Tasks bar. The workpaper opens in a new window.