- Created by MathangiS, last modified by MartinW on Oct 03, 2022
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Australia & New Zealand
This information only applies if you have access to Compliance in MYOB Practice (e.g. tax returns).
The Documents tile lets you upload documents for a particular year so you can access all the documents to complete your compliance work.
To access the Documents tile, select Compliance and open the tax year.
Documents tile functions
From the Documents tile, you can upload new documents or select from the documents already uploaded in MYOB Practice, profile the documents, create PDF's, share the documents on the Portal.
- Go to the Documents tile
- Click Upload new document
- There are 3 ways you can upload a document:
- Drag in files from your computer: Drag and drop the files you want to upload.
- Click Upload files and select the file you want to upload.
- Select from the online documents: If you have already uploaded your documents into MYOB Practice, you can choose from the existing list. You can select single or multiple documents to upload.
- Complete the details in the Profiles section.
- Pin to Permanent: If you want to pin the documents to a special Permanent documents group
- Client name: Already pre-filled with contact name and compliance you're in
- Year: the compliance year you're in
- Service: Select the service you want.
- Period: The period in the year
- Document type: This helps categorise the document by what type of work it's associated with.
- Note: Add any notes for your document.
- Click Save.
To view the document details, click anywhere in the list other than the Name link.
Displays the file size, format and name. You can edit the name right here. You'll also see the upload status, either Not available, In Progress or Available.
|Preview||Click to see a full preview. All file formats are displayed as a PDF in the preview for easy access on all devices.|
|Upload new version|
|Download||Download a copy of the document.|
|Remove from compliance|
If you want to remove the document from this compliance year. You can choose the keep the document in the Documents store or delete it permanently.
If you've uploaded an existing document from online Documents, you'll see a message saying "The document 'upload-documents' has been removed from this compliance successfully. It is still available to view in central document storage."
One of the handiest features of using documents in MYOB Practice is the ability to add document profiles.
Add and edit profiles. If you add a new profile, you have the option to add a different client so that the same document applies to multiple clients. Add identifiers to help categorise your documents.
Profile the documents by client, year, service and period, to organise and quickly find the right documents for different work. You can use these profile details when searching and filtering.
The MYOB Practice Administrator needs to configure a few settings to set up profiling.
Select a document type. This helps categorise the document by what type of work it's associated with. For example, if you're uploading a legal correspondence, you might want to add a document type of Correspondence and a sub type of Legal. A document can only have one type assigned to it.
To tell the difference between two versions of the same document, see the date and time in the version history. Click the expand icon () to view any associated notes and download any version of the document.
|Sharing||See who the document was shared with when the document was published to portal and if the document is part of any tasks|
This is a good way to merge and consolidate, for example, multiple travel expenses receipts into one PDF.
There's currently no way to change the order that merged documents appear in a PDF.
- On the Documents page, select the checkbox to the left of one or more documents in the document list. Additional options appear above the list.
- Click Create PDF.
- If you selected:
- one document, the PDF is created.
- multiple documents, the Create PDF window appears:
- If you want each document that you selected to be an individual PDF, select Do not consolidate, save each document separately and click Continue. The PDFs are created.
- If you want to merge the documents into one PDF, select Consolidate documents into a single PDF file, complete the additional options and click Continue.
- Refresh the Documents list to see the PDFs in the list.
You can now download 150 documents or 1 GB worth of documents, whichever one of these limits you reach first.
For more information on collaborating with clients, see:
- On the Documents page, select the checkbox to the left of a document in the document list. Additional options appear above the list.
- Click Publish to portal. The Publish to Secured Portal window appears.
Select whether a signature is required, whether you want to publish the document as a PDF, and whether you want to notify anyone.
If you select Signature required, the Publish as PDF option is automatically selected and cannot be deselected.
If a document doesn't need a signature, you can published it as a PDF or in its original file format.
You might want to deselect Publish as PDF, for example, if you'd like the person you're sharing the document with to be able to easily edit or copy values in the document.
- Click Next or Publish if you're not notifying anyone.
Complete any details based on your previous selections and click Publish and create task.
- If you chose to require a signature, you can see the task in the document drawer. To open the drawer, click the document in the Documents list anywhere other than the Name link.
- You’ll see the documents listed on the Documents page in MYOB Practice. You can tell that a document's been shared to the portal if it's got a shared () icon in the list of documents, or by clicking a document in the list and looking in the document drawer.
- You can stop the document from being shared through the portal by removing the document from the Sharing section of the document drawer. See the section on deleting, above.
Documents within MYOB Practice
Documents in Compliance - AU & NZ
Setting up documents profiling within MYOB Practice
Uploading and working with documents within MYOB Practice
Documents you can publish
Sending documents from AE or AO by publishing to portal
- Send documents for digital approval
Access documents published to the portal
Share a document
Documents (previous version)
Best practice for using MYOB Practice tax and Document Manager - NZ
Best practice for using MYOB Practice and Document Manager - AU
- Documents in Compliance - AU & NZ