BankLink Notes Online
This error occurs because a client file has this email address assigned to it in BankLink Online. Emails are used as login credentials, so there can only be one user per email address.
To fix this error, you can change this user's email address or change the email address in the client file online.
- Click OK to close the error message.
- Click OK to cancel linking to BankLink Online.
- In the User Details window, change the email address to one that has not yet been used in BankLink Online.
- Click OK to save the email address for this user.
You can now continue to link the user to BankLink Online using this new email address, as follows:
- Double-click the user.
- Select the option Allow access to BankLink Online.
- Click OK to the message This user will be updated to BankLink Online.
- Select if you want to Link to an existing BankLink Online user (if the email address already exists in BankLink Online as a Practice User), or Create a New User.
- Click OK to finish linking the user to BankLink Online.
- In BankLink Practice, open the client file, then go to Other Functions > Client Details.
- Click the Options tab, then click Client Settings.
- Delete the existing email address, and enter the new email address the client will be using to log into BankLink Online from now on.
- Click OK. A warning message displays that you are changing the Default Client Administrator's Email Address.
- Click Yes to continue.
You will then need to open this client on BankLink Online and ensure the updated email address appears there and delete the old email address:
- Log in to BankLink Online and find this client in your list of clients.
- Select the client and click View. This will open up the client file in a new window.
- Click the Settings tab and click User Settings. This will show a list of users that can see this client file online.
- Select the user with the email address you want to remove and click Delete.