You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Having a proof of purchase document against transactions isn’t just handy, it’s important for compliance. In Essentials, you can attach your files against your Spend money transactions as a reference to come back to, whenever you need. Then you can link your Spend money attachments to your Bank transactions – making it even easier to manage your purchases.
Attaching files against your Spend money transactions
- Go to your Spend money of choice
- Select Attachments
- Upload a document by dragging and dropping into the box, or browsing your computer for files.
Now that you’ve attached your file, you can link it to a bank transaction.
Linking files to Bank transactions from Spend money
When you attach a file to your Spend money, you can match it to a Bank transaction. Here’s how:
- Click Attachments in your Spend money of choice
- Upload by dragging and dropping, or selecting a documents from your files
- Go to Bank Transactions
- Select the transaction you’d like to link
- Hit the drop down arrow
- Select Match transaction
- Your Spend money transaction should appear
- Click on the checkbox to select the Spend money
- Click save.
This transaction (with its attachment) will now appear against your Bank transaction as well as your Transaction history.
Linking files to Spend money through Bank transactions
When you select a certain expense account, Essentials will recognise your transaction and create a Spend Money transaction for you. Here’s how:
- Go to Bank transactions
- Select Allocate me
- Fill in your details and choose your expense account
- Click save
- Attach your file through Attachments
This Bank transaction (with its attachment) will create a Spend money for you and will also appear in your Transaction history.