How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only. For New Zealand information, see Integrate MYOB Payroll.
You use the payroll feature to:
- process pays for your employees
- calculate superannuation amounts and make superannuation payments
- track employee entitlements (such as personal and annual leave)
- pay superannuation and other payroll liabilities
- print or email pay slips and paycheques
- submit payroll information to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll.
How to get started
Before you start using the payroll features, you need to do the following tasks:
You can use the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant to do these tasks. To access the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant, go to the Setup menu, choose Easy Setup Assistant and then click Payroll.
- Enter general payroll information Enter the current payroll year, number of hours in your normal working week, your Withholding Payer Number (if you have one) and the default superannuation fund for your employees in the General Payroll Information window, accessible from the Setup menu.
- Review payroll categories The components of an employee’s pay, such as wages, superannuation, leave, and taxes, are called payroll categories. These are assigned to an employee’s card to calculate their standard pay.
Review the details of each payroll category to make sure it matches the way you do business.
- Enter employee details Create a card record for each of your employees and enter details such as their addresses and payroll information. There's no limit to the number of employee cards you can create.
- Enter pay history and leave balances If you have already paid the employee in the current payroll year, you should enter the amounts you have paid your employees. These amounts will be used on payment summaries and some reports. They are not recorded as transactions in your accounts. You can enter pay history for specific months, quarters or for the year to date. See Enter employee payroll information for help entering your employees' pay history. If the employee has carried-over leave from previous years or has accrued leave this payroll year, see Adjusting leave entitlements.
- Set up Pay Super Sign up for Pay Super to make super payments directly from AccountRight, meet your employee super obligations and always stay on top of government changes. It's included with your AccountRight subscription.
- Set up Single Touch Payroll Employers need to report their payroll information to the ATO after each pay run. It's easy to set up STP and it makes end of year a breeze. See Setting up Single Touch Payroll reporting.
Optional payroll setup tasks
You may also want to do the following tasks if they're relevant to your business.
|Set up timesheets|
Use timesheets to record all the hours worked by hourly employees or to record extra hours worked by employees that are paid based on a standard pay. If you pay employees for time-billing activities, you can also enter activity details on timesheets and use these details to create activity slips.
|Set up payroll tax|
Calculate your state or territory payroll tax amounts using the payroll information in your AccountRight software.
|Customise pay slips|
Change the appearance of the default pay slip and paycheque forms. You can set up different pay slip forms for different employees and select the applicable form (using Advanced Filters) when printing or emailing pay slips. Learn more about personalising pay slips.
Import employee information from:
|Synchronise employee records with Outlook|
Synchronise your employee records with your contact records in Microsoft Outlook.
Use identifiers and custom lists to group the cards of employee who have similar attributes.
|Check your payroll linked accounts||Payroll linked accounts are the default accounts in AccountRight used for payroll features. This includes the accounts used for cash, cheque and electronic payroll payments.|
Can't find the payroll command centre?
If you've upgraded from AccountRight Basics or Standard to AccountRight Plus or Premier (Australia only) and you’ve never used payroll features before, the Payroll command centre won’t appear.
But this is easily fixed: open your file, go to the Help menu and choose Change Product. Select the product you’re licensed to use and the missing command centre will appear when you next open the file (you'll need internet access to confirm the file and save the change).