ANSWER ID:134, 373
Your gallery is where you can showcase your products, services or work that you've done. You can add images for your gallery items, sort them into categories so they're easy to filter, and showcase your favourite gallery items on your homepage. Your website visitors can browse your gallery, ask questions using the Ask a question form, and even buy the products and services you've chosen to sell.
Want to start selling online?
If you've already added items to your gallery, you'll need to edit each item and select the Make item available for purchase option to allow your customers to purchase them through your website. Find out more about Selling your products and services online.
To create your gallery
- Click the Create a gallery link in the Things to do toolbar.
- On the Gallery settings page, complete the following fields:
- Show gallery on website: select this option to show your gallery on your website. If you don't select it, your gallery will be hidden from your visitors.
- Gallery title: the default title is My gallery, but you can edit it to suit your business (for example, Products we sell, Our services or My portfolio).
- Description: briefly describe what's in your gallery. This will appear below the gallery title.
- Sort gallery items by: choose how your gallery items will be sorted: by Date, Name or Price.
- Set default view as: choose how your gallery items will appear by default: in a List, in a Grid or in a Jumbo format.
To add your first gallery item
- On the Add a gallery item page, complete the following fields:
- Choose a file (required field): select an image from your computer. You can only upload JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP images.
- Item name (required field): enter a name for the item.
- Short description: enter a short description of the item. This will appear below the item name when viewing a gallery item in list, grid or jumbo view.
- Long description: enter a long description of the item. This will appear below the item name when viewing full details of the item.
Pricing (required fields): if applicable, enter pricing details for the item. Choose a Tax type, enter the price (either including or excluding tax), select Make item available for purchase to allow customers to purchase the item, and select I ship this item to allow a shipping amount to be calculated and charged for the item.
If you've enabled a shopping cart on your website and selected the Make item available for purchase option for the item, it will be added automatically to Google's product search tool, Google Shopping.
- Stock code (required field): enter a stock code for the item.
- Category: enter a category for the item, so visitors can easily filter your gallery items by category.
Show this gallery item on my homepage: select this option to show this gallery item on your homepage. For example, if you sell your items, you might want to showcase your bestsellers or top revenue earners. The number of items you can show depends on your chosen theme, and if you've selected more items than this (or if you don't select any items), a random selection will appear.
If you no longer want to show a gallery item on your homepage, you can click the Hide on homepage link underneath the item.
Once you've added your first gallery item, you can add subsequent gallery items by clicking Gallery (or whatever name you chose for it) on the public menu, and then clicking Choose a file at the top of the page. Once you've uploaded an image, more options will appear.
Alternatively, if you've chosen to show gallery items on your homepage, you can click Choose a file in the gallery section on your homepage.
If you want to edit or delete a gallery item, click Gallery on the public menu, and then click the Edit or Delete link at the bottom of the gallery item.
Do you have lots of gallery items?
Select List as the View as option. This makes it easier to find the item that you want to edit or delete.
Click the Edit settings link on the Gallery page, and then select a different option from the Sort gallery items by drop-down list.
Click the Edit display order link on the Gallery page, and reorder your gallery items by clicking and dragging them with your mouse. Then, when you sort your items by Default, they'll appear in the order you've chosen.
You can create as many categories for gallery items as you want. However, you can only apply one category to each gallery item.
The size of the image depends on how you view the gallery item. You can view gallery items in List, Grid or Jumbo view. When you click an item in each of these views, a detailed view of the item appears. Image sizes are as follows:
- List view: 90 x 90 pixels
- Grid view: 202 x 202 pixels
- Jumbo view: 462 x 462 pixels
- Detailed view: the width is 470 pixels and the height varies depending on the original image size.
If the width of your original image is not 470 pixels, it will be resized to 470 pixels, and the height will be resized so it's proportional to this. When visitors click an item image while in the detailed view, the image will appear in a pop-up window in its original size.
You may be unable to upload your item image if:
- the file format is not supported (you can only upload JPG, GIF, BMP and PNG files),
- the image is larger than 15MB, or
- the file is corrupted.
Note that if you have a slow internet connection, it might take some time to upload your image. You'll need to wait for the upload to finish before you click Add.
If a visitor uses the Ask a question form to ask a question about a gallery item, you'll receive an email with details of the visitor and the question they submitted. This will be sent to the email address you've listed as your account email address. You can find this address by clicking My account in the Settings menu, and checking the Account email field in the Account information section.
If you've created a Google AdWords ad campaign, you can use Conversion Tracking to track visitors who click on your ad, then complete the Ask a question form for a gallery item. For more information, see Integrating Google tools with your website.
Yes, you can set the Content visibility settings for this feature so that your gallery is hidden from your website. For more information, see Setting visibility options for your website content.
If you don't want to sell an item any more, click Gallery on the public menu, and then click the Edit link at the bottom of the gallery item. Deselect the Make item available for purchase option to stop selling the item.
If you've only temporarily run out of stock of an item, you can reselect this option once you get more in stock.
If you've enabled a shopping cart on your website (which also involves adding a PayPal account) and selected the Make item available for purchase option for an item, it should appear in Google Shopping. If your item isn't showing up, make sure that:
- you allow 24 hours for the item to appear. After adding an item to your gallery, it will generally take 24 hours for it to appear in Google Shopping.
- your website title complies with the guidelines. Google Shopping uses your website title as your Store name, so make sure it complies with the Store name guidelines.
- your item complies with the guidelines and policies. Make sure your item complies with Google Shopping's Editorial Guidelines and Policies. The most common reasons for items not complying include the following:
- the item has no description, or has a description that's the same as the item name.
- the item name or description contains excessive capitalisation.
- the item image contains a watermark or promotional text.
- the item falls into an unacceptable product category (see the table at the end of the Policies page).