This error occurs when the software can't communicate with the BankLink servers to download the upgrade file. We've provided the upgrade file below which you can download to complete the upgrade. As part of the upgrade you'll need to know the current installed location for BankLink Practice - so we've provided instructions for that too.
Before you begin
Ensure all users are logged out of BankLink Practice prior to performing the steps below.
When installing the upgrade, you'll need to specify your current installed location of BankLink Practice.
If you know the installed location, continue to the next task (Download and install the upgrade).
If you don't know where BankLink Practice is currently installed, complete the following:
- Open BankLink Practice.
- Go to the Help menu and choose About. The About BankLink Practice window appears and shows the current location where BankLink Practice is installed (at the bottom of the window under the heading BankLink Practice Folder).
- Right-click the applicable link for your location and choose to save the file to your Desktop:
BankLink Practice Update - New Zealand
BankLink Practice Update - Australia
- Double-click the downloaded file on the Desktop. The upgrade wizard opens.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, open BankLink Practice.
- Go to the Help menu and choose About. The About BankLink Practice window appears.
- Confirm the version number is the updated version.