In MYOB Accountants Enterprise you can import BankLink transactions into your clients' Management Accounting System (MAS) file.
The following information explains how to export the transactions from BankLink and then import the extracted data into MAS.
Export file name
Ensure the name of your export file is the same as your Client Code in MAS. For example, if your MAS Client Code displays as TIM01 your BankLink export file should read as TIM01.TXT
- In BankLink, navigate to and open the client ledger. The client ledger appears.
- From the Other Functions menu, select Extract Data. The Extract Data screen appears.
- Enter the From and To dates.
- Ensure that the file type is a TEXT file where the file name extension displays as .TXT
- Press ENTER. The Extract Data: Select the accounts you want to process screen appears.
- Select the batches to transfer and click OK. The Information screen appears.
- Click OK. The BankLink client appears.
You can now proceed with the import as described in the next task.
- Open System Services and go to the MAS ledger. The MAS client detail screen appears.
- Follow the menu path: Utilities > Import > BankLink Transactions. The Import BankLink Transactions screen appears. Alternatively, expand the Import section on the Navigation bar and select BankLink.
- Type or select X:\BK5 in the BankLink Directory field. The directory is selected. You need to enter the drive letter and the directory where the BankLink files reside.
- Ensure the period start and end dates for the transactions to be imported are correct and click OK. The Import Management Accounting Entries screen appears.
- Select the required options for the following fields:
Reject entries outside current period?
Select to exclude transactions dated outside the current ledger's financial year. If not selected, all transactions are imported.
Re-date entries to current period end date?
Select to re-date any entries found outside the current period end date to be dated within the current period.
If not selected, transactions are imported to the period relevant to the date on the transaction.
969 if you use a standard master chart, or enter the suspense account code relevant to your chart.
Click OK. The Output Selection screen appears when the import is complete.
Select Preview to run this report to your screen or Print to run this report to your printer. The desired output is selected.
Click OK to run the report then click OK to continue. The MAS ledger appears.
To check that the import has been successful run a Trial Balance and check the values.
If entries that have subaccounts have not been posted successfully, check whether there is a space between the main and the subaccount in BankLink. For example, make sure the subaccount is 40001 not 400 01.