When attempting to upgrade BankLink Practice, the following error can occur if users are still logged into the software:
"An error has occurred during start up. Upgrade in progress [EBKStartUpError] BankLink practice will now terminate"
The first thing to do is ensure that all users are out of BankLink Practice and do not have the error message displayed on their computer screen.
Then, complete the following:
- Right click your BankLink shortcut and choose Properties.
- Click Find Target or Open File Location. This will open your BK5 folder.
- Find a file called install.lck and open the file in Notepad. This file contains the machine name of the PC which launched the wizard. Use this machine name to locate the person and machine that caused the crash.
- Check that the upgrader or wizard is not running on that machine. If it is, complete it/cancel it/end task etc. as appropriate.
- Close the install.lck file in Notepad.
- Right-click the install.lck file and choose Delete.
- Click Yes to the deletion confirmation message.
- Force the BankLink Application to close on the server. To do this contact your IT department and advise them to please ensure that the BankLink Application is not open for any users on the server.
After your IT department has confirmed that none of the users have the BK5WIN.EXE opened on the server, open the BK5 folder and confirm the file BK5WIN.EXE exists.
If you can't locate the BK5WIN.EXE file, right click anywhere in the BK5 folder and choose New then choose Text Document.
Name this document BK5WIN.EXE
Retry the upgrade as described below.
Retry the upgrade
- If you're still in the BK5 folder, double-click the BUTEMP folder.
- Double click the file setup_update.exe. This will launch the upgrader.
- Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- Once complete, log back into BankLink Practice.
- Go to the Help menu (in the top-right corner) and choose About.
- Confirm that you have been upgraded to the version that was intended.