- Created by admin, last modified by RonT on Jun 15, 2020
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You use rules in MYOB Essentials to automatically match or allocate transactions that come in via bank feeds or imported bank statements.
Once you've created a rule, you can edit or delete it.
Transactions that are automatically matched or allocated based on your rules will appear in the Bank transactions page with a magic wand icon next to them.
If a match or allocation is wrong, you can unmatch or unallocate the transaction.
By default, MYOB Essentials will auto-match a transaction if there's one exact match available. You might want to turn this off if you've got a lot of transactions for the same amount, or if you find transactions are often incorrectly auto-matched.
If you don't want transactions to be auto-matched, you can deselect the Auto-match bank transactions to MYOB Essentials transactions option from the Allocation rules page.
If auto-matching is turned off, transactions with one match will show on the Bank transactions page as having 1 match available and you'll need to manually confirm the match yourself. See Matching bank transactions.
Editing and deleting allocation rules
To edit and delete allocation rules, access the Allocation rules page by clicking the Banking menu, then click Manage rules.
To edit allocation rules
Editing a rule won't change previously matched or allocated transactions.
From the Banking menu, choose Manage rules. The Allocation rules page appears.
Click the Rule column to sort rules and help you find the rule you want to edit.
- Click the ellipsis button for the allocation rule you want to edit and choose Edit.
- The Edit rule window appears, displaying details of the allocation rule.
- Make your changes.
- Click Save. If automatching has been turned on, the edited rule will be automatically matched to unallocated transactions that meet the rule's conditions.
To delete allocation rules
Deleting a rule won't change previously matched or allocated transactions.
- From the Banking menu, choose Manage rules. The Allocation rules page appears.
- Click the ellipsis button for the allocation rule you want to delete choose Delete. A confirmation message appears.
- Click Delete rule to delete the allocation rule.