When working on a client’s MYOB Essentials file, you may come across some transactions that you can’t allocate until you get more information about them.
To help with this, you can generate a report straight from MYOB Practice that lists all unallocated transactions for a date range, so you can get your client to fill in the gaps.
And to save more time, you can create coding reports for several clients in one go, without needing to open each MYOB Essentials file.
|UI Text Box|
Coding reports can be created for MYOB Essentials files only.
How the reports will be delivered
For clients with portals, you can choose to send a coding report task to the bulk task assignees specified in each portal. If bulk task assignees are not specified, the task will be assigned to all full access users.
You set up the delivery preference in each client’s settings.
For clients without portal access, we’ll email you a link to download their reports, and you can send it to them via email, or print and mail them out.
|title||To generate coding reports|
- Log into MYOB Practice and open the Transaction processing page.
Select the MYOB Essentials files you want to create coding reports for, by clicking the checkboxes next to the file and client names.
- Click Generate coding report.
- Select the transaction date range you want to include in the report.
- The summary window tells you how many of the files you selected will be sent to clients with access to a portal.
If a client doesn’t have portal access, or you haven’t specified delivery preferences for them, we’ll email you a link to download their reports.
- Click Continue.
- If you haven't set up report format preferences for one or more of the selected clients, you'll need to select the report format to use for them (for the others the formats you've already defined for each client will be applied automatically).
- If the report will be printed, we suggest using the PDF format.
If you select PDF, you can:
- select the page orientation, either Portrait or Landscape.
- give your clients more room to write their notes in, by selecting the Double row height option.
Select if you want to add the optional columns. For example, if you’ve added notes or questions in the transaction in MYOB Essentials that you want the client to review, select the Notes column.
|UI Text Box|
If you're generating a PDF with the portrait orientation, you can only show/hide the Allocated to column.
- Select if you want to include allocated transactions in the report. This might be useful if you’ve entered notes against allocated transactions in MYOB Essentials that you need further information or source documents for.
- Click Continue
(The button name varies depending on whether you have selected clients with portals or not.)
- If you’re sending reports to client portals, the Coding report task window appears.
This is the task that your clients will see in their portal, and the coding report will be attached to it.
- The default Assign to, Send as and Notify settings of each portal will be apply to this task, but you can add additional staff to notify.
- Enter a title. This will be the title of the task in the portal, and the subject line of the email notification all clients will receive.
- Enter a description. This will appear in the task details and email notification for all clients.
- (Optional) Enter a due date if you want your clients to review the coding report by a certain date.
- Click Generate.
We’ll start sending the coding reports as tasks for your clients to review in their portals. This can take a few minutes to complete, and you’ll receive an email to confirm what we’ll be sending.
- If you’ve selected to receive client reports by email, you’ll receive an email when their reports are ready to download.
- When you receive the email, click Download your coding reports in the email, and a zip file containing the reports will start downloading.
If you’re not logged in to MYOB Practice, you’ll need to log in before you can download the zip file. If you have access to multiple practices, make sure you log in to the relevant practice.
- After the zip file has finished downloading, open or unzip/extract it to view the coding reports it contains.
In the example below, the zip file was downloaded using the Chrome browser on a PC. Choose Open to access the reports that are in the zip file. To find the zip file on your computer, choose Show in folder.