How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
When a company or officer changes their address, they'll need to notify ASIC by completing a Change a company's details 484 Form.
To avoid any fees or penalties, this form should be lodged within 28 days of the change occurring.
You can lodge Form 484 to make changes to the following address types:
- Registered office—the address ASIC send your company correspondence to. This address can be the same as company's principal place of business, but it can't be a PO box.
- Principal place of business—the main address where you conduct business. This address can't be a PO box.
- Officeholder or Member residential address—When appointing a director, alternate director, secretary or issuing shares to a member, you need to provide ASIC their residential address. If this address changes, ASIC must also be notified. The address can't be a PO box.
- Open the form.
- From the Notification of company changes - Form 484 page, select Change of address. The Change of address options appear.
Type the new address in the New address field. A list of valid address suggestions appear.
Select the correct address from the list of suggestions. The Street address, Country, State and Suburb fields populate.
Using an overseas address?
If the new address is an overseas address, click Manually enter address. Type the new Street address, Country and Locality (i.e. suburb, province or region) in the relevant fields.
- If the address is shared across multiple companies, officers or members, you'll be asked if you want to update the address for those entities. Select the clients you also want to update to create a 484 form for each entity.
- Select the type of address you want to apply changes to.
Optionally, select the effective date.
You can click Preview Form 484 to check the form before you finish preparing it.
- Click Continue and prepare forms.
Select the signatories.
You can select multiple signatories.
You can edit the required signatories of a form from the Client lodgements page.
- Enter the details of the meeting held for the change of address.
Click Create forms.
Click the ellipsis button for the form you created and choose Send for signing via portal. The Create task page appears.
Complete the details on the page.
When you select the client, you can see the documents that will be sent as part of the change you've made. Use the Signature required option to indicate if any documents need signing.
- Click Create task for the selected client.
Once ASIC have accepted the form, you'll receive the following message on the Client lodgements page to let you know that ASIC have updated their records, so you might want to update yours.
Click Review now to view the changes, and choose whether you want to update the contact's address in MYOB Practice.
If you choose to update the address in MYOB Practice, we’ll also update their contact details in AE/AO. These changes can take up to 5 minutes to appear in AE/AO.