Upgrading from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier)? There are some things you should know before you start. They won't apply to everyone, but they're good to know.
|UI Text Box|
Once you've done this upgrade, you won't need to upgrade every time AccountRight changesYou only need to do these tasks once.When you install future AccountRight updates, your file will update automatically.
For everyone upgrading from AccountRight v19 or earlier...
- Check that your computer can run the new AccountRight. See the system requirements.
- You'll need to be able to locate the file you want to upgrade. Not sure where it is? See Find the file you want to upgrade for some tips.
- You'll need Windows Administrator access. If the file you want to upgrade is located in a
C:\Program Files subfolder, you’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator.
- Your customised reports won't be upgraded. If you have customised reports, you'll need to recreate them in the new software version. We've significantly improved the reports customisation tools in AccountRight, making this task a lot easier.
- Your customer credit card details won't be brought into your upgraded file. To comply with PCI Data Security Standards, you'll only be able to view the last four digits of any credit card numbers in your upgraded file, and card expiry dates won't be retained.
Also, if you're manually upgrading your file yourself (without putting it online)...
- Large company files (100MB or more) will need some extra attention. If your file fits the bill, there are some things you should do in your Classic AccountRight software first.
- Graphics on your cards or items will need to be saved in the right place. Pictures must be saved in a subfolder called Graphics, which is in the same location as the file you're upgrading. For example, if the file you're upgrading is located at
C:\Plus19, make sure the pictures are in
C:\Plus19\Graphics. If they're not in this folder when you upgrade, you'll need to manually add them to your upgraded file. Also, images over 200KB in size can't be imported.
And after you've upgraded...
There may be a few more things you need to do, depending on the features you use. Don’t stress though, you only need to do them once. After you've upgraded, head over to Additional upgrade tasks.