Start a new pay run for the employee and enter the adjustment by increasing, entering negative amounts or zeroing out the relevant Amounts or Hours
If you need to change a pay from a previous payroll year, you need to restore a backup to make your changes.
|UI Text Box|
Changes you make to the restored file will not be reflected in your current file, so you might need to update your historical payroll data in your current file.
We strongly recommend you seek the advice of your accountant before making changes to pays in a restored backup file.
There's a lot that you may need to change depending on your scenario, such as pay amounts, payroll categories, superannuation and leave accruals. We can't cover all these specific situations, but see below for the basic steps to enter a pay adjustment.
By recording this pay, you'll be able to send the pay details to the ATO.
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Process Payroll. The Process Payroll window appears.
- Select the option Process all employees paid.
- Choose Bonus/Commission from the drop down.
- In the Payment Date field, enter a date that falls within the payroll year you're adjusting.
- Enter a pay date range in the Pay period start and Pay period end fields. This should be for the pay period you're adjusting.
- Click Next. The Select and Edit Employees Pay window appears.
- Select the employee that the adjustment is for.
- Click the arrow in the Edit column next to the employee's name. The Pay Employee window appears.
- Type a reference in the Cheque number field to show it is an adjustment, for example ADJ.
- If you want to provide additional information, enter a description of the adjustment in the Memo field.
- The next step depends on the nature of the adjustment. If you're:
Continue to follow the onscreen instructions to record the pay. When you are prompted, enter the name of the authorised sender and click Send.
|UI Text Box|
You must complete this step in order to inform the ATO of the pay adjustment.
- Click Next.
Click Finish to close the Process Payroll Assistant.