You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
This information applies only if you're upgrading from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) and have chosen to upgrade your file yourself.
Upgrading is a two-part process that involves first installing the new software version, then upgrading your company file to use with the new software. When you upgrade your company file, the records and transactions within your file are copied into a format that will work with the new software version.
There may also be some additional upgrade tasks that you need to do, depending on what features you use in your current version.
Do I need to upgrade every time AccountRight changes?
No. When you install future AccountRight updates, your file will update automatically.
Before you upgrade
Before you upgrade your company file, note the following:
- If you have a large company file (e.g. 100MB or larger), there are some things you should do in your v19 software first. See myob.com/answers/36532 for more information.
- If your cards or items are set up with pictures. Pictures must be saved in a subfolder called Graphics, which is in the same location as the company file you're upgrading. For example, if the file you're upgrading is located at
C:\Plus19, make sure the pictures are in a folder
C:\Plus19\Graphics. If the pictures aren't in this folder when you upgrade, you'll need to manually add them to your records again. Also, images over 200KB in size will not successfully import.
- If you've set up user accounts in your company file, all user accounts (except for the Administrator account) will become inactive when you upgrade until you assign roles to them. Assigning roles is an easier way for you to set access privileges for each user of the file.
- Administrator access. If the file you want to upgrade is located in a
C:\Program Filessubfolder, you’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator.
- Customised reports cannot be upgraded. If you have customised reports, you'll need to recreate them in the new software version. Note that there have been significant improvements to the reports customisation tools in AccountRight, making this task a lot easier.
- Customer credit card details are not moved to upgraded company files. To comply with PCI Data Security Standards, only the last four digits of any credit card numbers recorded in your company file will be available to view in the upgraded file, and no card expiry dates will be retained. See PCI Security Standards Council.
- (Australia only) BASlink setup might need to be imported after upgrade. If you prepare your BAS using BASlink, you'll need to import your BAS setup information into your upgraded file.
- Customised forms need to be migrated separately after upgrade. If you have custom forms you want to continue using, they need to be migrated into your upgraded file. There’s an easy-to-use tool we’ve included in AccountRight to help you do this.