You can update an invoice, quote or order make changes to most sales (invoices, quotes and orders) in a few quick steps. But there's a few sales you can't change..except for these:
- sales recorded in a closed financial year. There might be times when you need to enter adjustments for the last financial year. If you've already closed that year, you can still make changes by rolling back the financial year.
- sales recorded in a locked period. To change a sale in a locked period, you first need to unlock the period. However, before making a change, consider how it will affect your accounts and tax reports (such as the GST you have reported).
If you need to change how a sale looks when printed or emailed, see Personalising invoices.
Before you can change a sale, set the AccountRight security preference which controls if transactions can be changed.
|title||To set your security preference|
To set your security preference
If a sale transaction has a white zoom arrow user role allows you to change preferences, you can change this option at any time. next to it, it means it can't be changed. To make it changeable (so it has a blue zoom arrow ), set the following security preference. If your
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
- Click the Security tab.
- Deselect the option Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be reversed.
- Click OK.
To change a sale
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register.
- Click the applicable tab depending on the transaction you want to change.
- (Optional) Set the Search By and Dated From and To fields to narrow down your search.
- Click the zoom arrow to open the transaction you want to be changedchange.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click OK.
Avoid changing the calculated Tax/GST
If you change a sale's calculated tax/GST using the zoom arrow next to the Tax/GST field, BAS and GST Return calculations could be affected.
|title||To change the customer on a recorded sale|
To change the customer on a recorded sale
If you need to change the customer card on a recorded saleinvoice, here's the fastest way to do it:
- Find and open the sale invoice to be modified and save it as a recurring transaction.
- Delete the original transaction.invoice (open the invoice, go to the Edit menu and choose Delete Sale. Learn more about deleting invoices.)
- Go to Lists > Recurring Transactions, select the recurring transaction you just created and click Use Recurring. A new sale transaction is displayed.
- Select the correct card customer for the transaction and ensure all other details are correct.Click .
- If this message appears, click Cancel.
- Ensure all details of the invoice are correct then click Record.
- Go to Lists > Recurring Transactions, select the recurring transaction then click Delete.