Most sales (invoices, quotes and orders) can be changed, except for the following:
- sales recorded in a closed financial year. There There might be times when you need to enter adjustments for the last financial year. If you've already closed that year, you can still make changes by rolling back the financial year.
- sales recorded in a locked period. To change a sale in a locked period, you first need to unlock the period. However, before making a change, consider how it will affect your accounts and tax reports (such as the GST you have reported).
Before you can change a sale, set the AccountRight security preference which controls if transactions can be changed.
|title||To set your security preference|
If a sale transaction has a white zoom arrow If your user role allows you to change preferences, you can change this option at any time. next to it, it means it can't be changed. To make it changeable (so it has a blue zoom arrow ), set the following security preference.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
- Click the Security tab.
- Deselect the option Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be reversed.
To change a sale
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register.
- Click the applicable tab depending on the transacftion you want to change.
- Make the necessary changes to the transaction and then click OK.
|title||To change the customer on a recorded sale|
To change the customer on a recorded sale
If you need to change the customer card on a recorded sale, here's the fastest way to do it:
- Find and open the sale to be modified and save it as a recurring transaction.
- Delete the original transaction.
- Go to Lists > Recurring Transactions, select the recurring transaction you just created and click Use Recurring. A new sale transaction is displayed.
- Select the correct card for the transaction and ensure all other details are correct.
- Click Record.
- Go to Lists > Recurring Transactions, select the recurring transaction then click Delete.