For recurring transactions that are not set up to record automatically, you need to decide when to record them. You can:
- record a single recurring transaction from a transaction window
- record several transactions at the same time.
You can also record a recurring transaction:
- in the Reminders window (if you use the reminders option)—see Recurring transaction reminders
- in the Recurring Transactions List window by going to the Lists menu and choosing Recurring Transactions
- in the To Do List window on the Recurring Transactions tab—see To record multiple recurring transactions below.
|title||To record a recurring transaction from a transaction window|
To record a recurring transaction from a transaction window
- Open the transaction window for the recurring transaction you want to use. For example, open the Sales window if you are recording a recurring sales transaction.
- Click Use Recurring. The Select a Recurring Transaction window appears listing only recurring transactions for this type of transaction.
- Choose the recurring transaction from the list and then click Select. The transaction appears.
- If necessary, change the date, amount, account and other details.
- Click Record.
|title||To record multiple recurring transactions|
To record multiple recurring transactions
- From any command centre, click To Do List. The To Do List window appears.
- Click the appropriate Recurring... tab.
In the list of recurring transactions that appears, you can click the zoom arrow ( ) to the left of a transaction to view it in detail.
- Click in the select column ( ) next to the recurring transactions you want to record.
- Click Record. A window appears requiring you to enter a date for the selected transactions. This is the date that the transactions will be recorded in your journals.
- Enter a date and click OK.