You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
When you export your AccountRight cards to your Outlook contacts, your contacts are saved by default to group contact folders. For example, Customer contacts are saved in Outlook in a folder called MYOB Customers.
If you want to synchronise your Outlook contacts and your Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) or mobile device, your contacts must be saved to the Microsoft Outlook default contacts folder. When you export your AccountRight cards to your Outlook contacts, you can select an option to save your contacts to the default contacts folder (see step 7).
Back up your Outlook contacts
Exporting your AccountRight cards to your Outlook contacts will change the details recorded in your Outlook contacts. Back up your Outlook contacts before synchronising. See your Microsoft Outlook documentation for instructions.
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
- Click Synchronise Cards. The Synchronise Cards window appears.
- Click Next. The Import and Export Options window appears.
Select the card types that you want to synchronise.
You can synchronise cards from any of the Cards List views (Customer, Supplier, Employee and Personal)
The default card type selected varies according to the tab you are on when you click Synchronise Cards.
- If you want to include inactive cards in your synchronisation, select the Export inactive cards option. For information about inactive cards, see Inactivating or reactivating a record.
- Select a synchronisation rule from the Update Rules list. For more information, see Synchronisation update rules.
- If you want to save your AccountRight cards to your Outlook contacts default folder (you need to do this to synchronise your Outlook contacts and your PDA or mobile device), or if you want to export your AccountRight custom fields to your Outlook contacts, click Settings. The Settings window appears.
- If you want to synchronise your Outlook contacts and your PDA or mobile device, select the Synchronise cards using the default Outlook contacts folder option.
- If you want to export your AccountRight custom fields to your Outlook contacts, select a matching Outlook contact field for Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2 and Custom Field 3.
- Click OK. The Import and Export Options window reappears.
Click Export. The export process starts. Depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook you use, and the synchronisation update rules you have chosen, the following messages and windows may appear:
If this window appears... ...do this Microsoft warning message
Select a period for your AccountRight software to access your Outlook contacts:
- Select the Allow access for option.
- Select a period from 1 minute to 10 minutes.
- Click Yes.
Confirm Update Select how you want to deal with each update. Confirm Add Select whether you want to add the card to your Outlook contacts or skip it.
When the export process is complete, the Synchronisation results window appears.
Review the results.
Summary field Description x contacts added
The number of new contacts added to your Outlook contacts.
x contacts updated The number of Outlook contacts updated to match the details in your AccountRight cards. Note that if you selected the Do not update existing contacts rule, updated duplicate contacts will always be 0. x contacts skipped, x contacts rejected
The number of cards you skipped (if you selected the Ask me to confirm updates rule) or the number of duplicate contacts (if you selected the Do not update existing contacts rule). Duplicate contacts have not been updated to match your AccountRight cards.
Note that if you selected the Update existing contacts rule, rejected cards will always be 0.
If you want to view the log file that details the exported records, click the link in the Synchronisation results window.