How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
AccountRight Plus and Premier (v2018.2 and later), Australia only
Here's what to do:
- If you're not already on the Check Payroll Details window (shown above), go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
- Click Check Payroll Details. The Check Payroll Details window appears listing the results. If you receive no errors continue with Task 2 - Connect to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll reporting.
If an employee card is listed in the results, click the blue zoom arrow to open the employee's card. The Card Information window appears.
- In the Profile tab, select Individual from the Designation drop-down list. Make sure the following fields are also complete:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Address - This includes City, State and Postcode. Note that you need to select a State from the list and not type it. If you have additional addresses (Address 2, etc.) ensure complete details are entered here too.
- In the Payroll Details tab, make sure the following fields are complete:
- In the Taxes section, enter a Tax File Number. What if I don't have an employee's TFN?
- Click OK to save your changes and return to the Check Payroll Details window.
- Click Check Payroll Details to refresh the list to see if everything is done.
- Repeat the above steps for any other employee cards which meed updating. For any other issues found in the payroll check, see Task 1 - Check payroll details for Single Touch Payroll reporting.
Need to check lots of employees? See Print or export employee details.
What payroll details are checked during STP setup?
When you click Check Payroll Details during STP setup, the following is checked for missing or invalid information.
|What gets checked|
The company information is based on your previous year's Payment Summary information, but you can enter different details if required. You can always change this information at any time.
The required fields are:
You can access this information via Payroll > Payroll Reporting > Company Information.
Employees paid in the current payroll year (including terminated employees) are included in the payroll check. Inactive employees are not checked.
The required employee information is:
Wage, deduction and superannuation payroll categories used in the current payroll year are included in the check. Each of these must have an ATO reporting category assigned. By default, this is set to To be assigned , so you know what payroll categories still need assigning.
You can use any of these TFNs provided by the ATO.
- 111 111 111 for a new payee has not made a TFN declaration, (28 days have not passed).
- 333 333 333 for a payee under 18, earning less than $350 per week, $700 per fortnight or $1,517 per month.
- 444 444 444 for a payee who is an Australian Government pensioner payee.
- 000 000 000 if your payee chose not to quote a TFN and has not claimed an exemption from quoting a TFN or does not fit into any of the above categories.
Check with the ATO if you are unsure what to enter.
How do I exclude an employee from single touch payroll reporting?
To exclude an employee from single touch payroll, set the Employment Basis in their card to Other. This will prevent the employee from being reported using Single Touch Payroll.