You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
This information applies only if you're upgrading from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier).
Upgrading is a two-part process that involves first installing the new software version, then upgrading your company file to use with the new software. When you upgrade your company file, the records and transactions within your file are copied into a format that will work with the new software version.
There may also be some additional upgrade tasks that you need to do, depending on what features you use in your current version.
Do I need to upgrade every time AccountRight changes?
No. When you install future AccountRight updates, your file will update automatically.
Before you upgrade
Before you upgrade your company file, note the following:
- If your cards or items are set up with pictures. Pictures must be saved in a subfolder called Graphics, which is in the same location as the company file you are upgrading. For example, if the file you are upgrading is located at: C:\Plus19, then make sure the pictures are in a folder C:\Plus19\Graphics. If the pictures are not in this folder when you upgrade, you will need to manually add them to your records again. Also, images over 200KB in size will not successfully import.
- If you have set up user accounts in your company file, all user accounts (except for the Administrator account) will become inactive when you upgrade until you assign roles to them. Assigning roles is an easier way for you to set access privileges for each user of the company file.
- Administrator access. If the company file you want to upgrade is located in a C:\Program Files subfolder, you’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator.
- Customised reports cannot be upgraded. If you have customised reports, you will need to recreate them in the new software version. Note that there have been significant improvements to the reports customisation tools in AccountRight, making this task a lot easier.
- Customer credit card details are not moved to upgraded company files. To comply with PCI Data Security Standards, only the last four digits of any credit card numbers recorded in your company file will be available to view in the upgraded file, and no card expiry dates will be retained. See PCI Security Standards Council.
- (Australia only) BASlink setup might need to be imported after upgrade. If you want prepare your BAS using BASlink, you might need to import your BAS setup information into your upgraded company file.
- Customised forms need to be migrated separately after upgrade. If you have custom forms that you want to continue using, they need to be migrated into your upgraded company file. There’s an easy way to use tool we’ve included in AccountRight to help you do this.