How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
This information applies only if you're upgrading from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) or BusinessBasics.
Upgrading from AccountRight 2011 or later? These steps aren't for you – check out Getting the latest version instead.
What's new in the new AccountRight?
AccountRight has been rebuilt from the ground up to make it work online. Everything from the way you bank to the way you socialise has moved online – doing your accounts online is just the next logical step.
With the new AccountRight, you can connect to your bank to improve data entry and accuracy, put your file in the cloud and work anywhere with anyone, hook up your data to a range of powerful add-ons, and enter invoices and take payments from your phone. And that's just the beginning.
While the new AccountRight looks familiar, it offers you an entirely new way to work. We can't list all the changes here, so take a look at our interactive tool on the right to get the lowdown.
Before you upgrade
Ready to move to the new AccountRight? Great! Just make sure:
- you have an AccountRight subscription
- you've downloaded and installed the latest version of AccountRight
- you've checked our list of things you should know before upgrading, and completed any tasks you need to.
- you don't use features that aren't yet available in the new AccountRight (we don't recommend upgrading if you do):
- M-Powered Payments
- multi-currency, negative inventory or multi-location stock tracking (MYOB Premier)
- add-ons that use ODBC, but aren't available for the new AccountRight. Check if your add-ons are available.
Let's do it
It's time to upgrade your file and put it online.
Don't want your file online? You can choose to manually upgrade it yourself, without putting it online.
- In the AccountRight Welcome window, click Upgrade a company file. The Upgrade Assistant appears.
If you're happy for MYOB to upgrade your file and put it online for you, click Continue.
The upgrade will usually take a couple of hours (depending on your company file size), and you can't make changes to your file during this time, so you might want to do it outside of business hours.
Click Browse to locate and select the file you want to upgrade, then click Open.
If a password has been specified in the file you're upgrading, type the password in the Password field and click Continue.
- If you're not already logged in to AccountRight Live with your my.MYOB account, enter your details and log in now.
- Click Upload.
So what now?
Once your file's uploaded, you can close AccountRight while we do the rest. We'll get in touch when the upgrade's complete, or if we come across any issues along the way.
You'll then be able to open your upgraded company file from the Welcome window.
But one last thing... don't forget to add the finishing touches to finish up.
Add the finishing touches
Depending on the features you use, there may be a few things you need to do after upgrading.
Don’t stress though, you only need to do them once.
Head on over to Additional upgrade tasks to see what you need to do.
And if you need any help along the way, feel free to contact us.