You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Australia only (for New Zealand information, see Creating a card)
Create a card for all employees you'll pay using AccountRight
- Employee cards store personal, contact, and payroll details
Once you've created an employee's card, enter their payroll information
To create an employee card
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List. The Cards List window appears.
- Click the Employee tab.
- Click New. The Card Information window appears.
Enter the employee’s name and contact details.
There isn't a field for the employee's middle name. However, if you enter a space and the middle name after the first name, the middle name will print correctly in payslips and paycheques.
If you want to see a middle name field added to cards, or if there's any other changes you'd like to see, vote for or submit ideas to the AccountRight Idea Exchange.
- (Optional) If you want to assign a code to identify the employee, enter one in the Card ID field.
- Click OK to save the card.
Complete setting up the employee by entering their payroll information.
Will the employee use AccountRight?
If you’re setting up an employee who will be going to use AccountRight, you’ll also need to give them access to your company file.